The 411....

My photo
A 30 something single mom of 3 sons, 2 grown, and grandmother to one spunky little girl. I eschew labels. I do my best to live an authentic life of peace, love, joy and freedom, knowing that in order to do this, I must embrace and love my shadow.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Gender Warfare...




Maybe it's because I birthed 3 sons, the oldest being almost 20, and have experienced first hand that all "groups" of people are oppressed and/or exploited in one way or another, but I'm getting a little sick of the feminazi bullshit. I am NOT a feminist. I am a LIVING BEING'IST. ALL people (and animals) deserve to be treated with respect. Men and women are BOTH victims of rape an sexual abuse. Men AND women are both responsible for raising their children. Men AND women are both guilty of treating the opposite sex as we've been conditioned to treat them until we become conscious of doing otherwise. I do not think in groups. I do not subscribe to labels. Just because my granddaughter likes to dress up as a princess doesn't mean that she's being subjected to "gender roles"... maybe she just likes dressing up like a fucking princess! She also likes to go fishing with her daddy and play in the dirt! Going to extremes to the opposite end of the pole can be just as unhealthy (and annoying) IMO as the "other side" that I see many people bashing! Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate. . . especially if you're just going off of someone ELSE'S ideas of what is "right and wrong" or emotionally attached to a label. And please don't assume that I am a feminist or any other "ist" just because I promote many of the same styles of living that they might. . . like peaceful parenting, equal rights, humanism etc. If I am ANYTHING, I'm a humanist. (But even that means different things to different people.) I do know that I am sick of all the "Us vs Them" gender warfare, regardless as to which side one plays.