The 411....

My photo
A 30 something single mom of 3 sons, 2 grown, and grandmother to one spunky little girl. I eschew labels. I do my best to live an authentic life of peace, love, joy and freedom, knowing that in order to do this, I must embrace and love my shadow.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Even the sun hides behind the clouds sometimes....


Ahhhh.... the Shadow. We meet again.  

Healing from a life full of abuse fucking sucks... straight up. Especially when you realize you subjected yourself to said abuse because at your core, you didn't & still don't love yourself and therefore subconsciously suffered (and continue to suffer) your own punishment for being what you allowed others to create in you. Hurt peo
ple hurt people. By projecting our anger and lack of self worth onto others we only reveal how we feel about ourselves. In order for us to stop hurting others, we have to stop sabotaging ourselves from the pain within. Whether we feel justified in doing so or NOT. Someone has to stop the madness... and no one can stop your madness but YOU.

I'm going to try very hard to respect those who don't respect me, encourage those who mock and make fun of me, speak softly to those that yell at me and unconditionally love those who, (I'm discovering), don't really love me. Maybe then I can repair that part of me that is broken. Maybe then... I will be able to start loving myself for who I really am instead of hating the abusers within me and trying to punish them.

Wish me luck.